Further to Newsletter 54#, we have a correction to the timings of the publicity events. The corrected information is as follows:
Publicity event at Barugh Green WMC:
Wednesday 20 July 2016, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Publicity event at the Better Barnsley Shop in the town centre:
Saturday 23 July 2016, from 10.30 am to 12.30 and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
The Barugh Green WMC timing change will, hopefully, address concerns of people whose work commitments prevent them attending weekday daytime events.
We also have new information on the extent of publicity surrounding the new consultation. We’re advised as follows:
- Local Plan Publication Version (LPPV) and supporting documents (such as the Habitat Regulations Assessment and the Sustainability Appraisal);
- any updated evidence base documents (for example the Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment) and;
- background papers.
These will all be available at the start of consultation on the 24th June.
Some of the evidence base documents will remain unchanged for example the Strategic Housing Market Assessment and the Green Belt Review.
Where the documents are going to be available for inspection and the list of drop in sessions will be publicised in the following ways:
- Letters and emails to people on BMBC’s database;
- Press advert on 24th June in the Barnsley Chronicle;
- Press releases and social media via the Council’s Communications team.
We have asked for clarification of the first point – will that include 500+people who signed the petition on the Draft Local Plan? We expect an affirmative answer to that.
This still leaves the issue of whether this is enough to get to all affected residents and, in the case of event venues, adequate for the needs of Pogmoor-area residents, so the suggestion in Newsletter 54# that you contact your representative still stands.
Keep It Green 2014